BT BODY LIFT
One-piece back brace with handle
The BT BODY LIFT is indicated for dogs that have difficulty walking, as a result of trauma, disease or paralysis, as well as for dogs with motor difficulties or it is also indicated for dogs with spinal column issues.
- Prices are vat included
- Instructions for use
WHAT IS IT FOR?
The BT BODY LIFT serves 2 specific functions:
1) It is indicated for dogs that have difficulty walking, as a result of trauma, disease or paralysis, as well as for dogs with motor difficulties;
2) It is also indicated for dogs with spinal column issues. The two (removable) rigid splints, contained in the two side pockets, serve to both stabilize the brace during use, as well as to compress the proximal area of the spinal column in cases of disease in this area, holding it in traction (for example, neurological diseases).
BT Body Lift is made of soft, washable, breathable material.
The height-adjustable handle straps are durable and make it possible to lift even large dogs. The padded handle grip allows the owner to support the dog without undue stress on the hand.
The brace is engineered to allow the dog to eliminate naturally while wearing it without soiling the brace because the dog’s orifices are not covered by the brace.
Both the handle straps and the splints can be removed.
- Breathable fabric.
- Adjusts for a better fit.
- Can be hand-washed.
- The handle straps can be adjusted for height.
- Body straps can be shortened.
- Rigid lateral splints offer greater stability.
How to measure for size: measure the distance in cm from the center of the shoulder to the center of the thigh and check it against the table.
|XS||25-32 cm||Jack Russel , Shih Tzu (5-10 kg)|
|S||33-39 cm||Cocker Spaniel, Poodle (10 -15 kg)|
|M||40-49 cm||Border Collie, Setter, English Pointer (15 -30 Kg)|
|L||50-59 cm||German Shepherd, Golden Retriever, Rottweiler (28 –50 Kg)|
|XL||Over 60 cm||Saint Bernard, Great Dane, Newfoundland (Over 50 Kg)|
*Attention the suggested breeds and weights are purely indicative, to determine the size of the brace take the measurements as specified.
HOW TO WEAR
(1) Position the brace near the dog’s front legs. The front of the brace should touch the armpits of the dog’s front legs.
(2-3-4) Pull the brace up, around the dog’s trunk and fasten it by pulling the velcro straps through the white guide rings. The number of guide rings varies depending on size.
(5) Now, close the front part with a horizontal strap that is pulled through the dedicated white guide ring.
(6) Starting from the inside, draw the straps around each leg. Pull the strap through the diagonal white guide ring and use the velcro end to lock it into place. Be careful not to over-tighten.
(7) The length of the handle straps can be adjusted to suit your height. Just loosen the Velcro straps and adjust to make them longer or shorter, allowing you to walk in a natural position alongside the dog.
(8) Once the brace is in place, it’s time to attach the handle straps. To position the handle grip, locate the dog’s center of gravity so that when you lift the dog, it stays level and doesn’t tilt forward or back.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
- During the period of restraint, it is recommended that the dog not be left alone too long because it could try to remove the brace by biting or scratching it.
- Be careful when putting the brace on male dogs. While wrapping the body strap around the pelvis, ensure the strap passes well in front of the penis to avoid compression of the urethra.